The Cancer-Fighting Salad Everyone Should Be Eating Once a Week (With ACV, avocado and MORE)
Think salads are boring? Think again! This recipe is loaded with nourishing ingredients to help boost your energy levels, promote clear skin, and keep your immune system strong. It’s packed with antioxidants, protein, and healthy fats which makes it a well-rounded salad that your body will crave.
This low-calorie super food is packed with essential nutrients responsible for the healthy functioning of your body. Spinach is high in vitamin C, which plays a vital role in the synthesis of collagen that your body needs to maintain healthy hair and skin. In addition, consuming this leafy green comes with the following health benefits:
- Contains an antioxidant that lowers blood sugar levels.
- Helps protect your body from cancer as its chlorophyll content blocks the carcinogenic effects of chemicals that are produced when you cook foods at high temperatures.
- Its potassium content lowers blood pressure.
- Is a source of a vitamin K, which contributes to bone health.
- High in fibre and promotes healthy digestion.
- A rich source of beta-carotene, spinach helps lower the risk of developing asthma.
- Spinach is good source of magnesium, which boosts your metabolism and supports your immune system.
No fat is better than healthy fat. Avocados are a great example of this. Not only is this creamy fruit able to satisfy your palate, it also provides you with an array of health benefits:
- Helps balance your cholesterol levels
- Contains beta-carotene, the same antioxidant found in carrots that is responsible for helping you maintain healthy vision
- Another good source of vitamin K
- Contains folate, which helps keep your brain healthy and lowers the risk of depression
- Good for digestive health and maintaining regular bowel movements
If you’re looking to shed a few pounds, start chowing down on a handful of pecans. They are loaded with fatty acids that help control your weight. Pecans also contain antioxidants that protect your body by destroying harmful free radicals and warding off diseases, cancer and infections.
Pomegranates are an amazing fruit that are both delicious and healthy. Health benefits of pomegranates include:
- They have antioxidant, antiviral and anti-tumour properties (their antioxidant content is triple that of wine or green tea)
- Aids in maintaining healthy blood circulation
- Cures stomach disorders
- Treats diabetes and cancer
- Soothes sore throats
- Clears skin
- Reduces inflammation
- Its antiviral and antibacterial properties reduces plaque and helps you maintain good oral health
Pomegranates can be consumed in a variety of ways, such as drinking it in juice form, using it to make molasses or eating its seeds.